01-10-2018, 04:22 AM   #2256
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Apparently a lot of good deals to be had for a 958.2 Diesel. That's what I would go for, but I need a 3rd row SUV
i'd rather go for a porsche than a bmw at this point. our 335d has treated us very well and is one of the best cars we have ever owned. i just think the porsche might be a little better quality for the money.
i've talked with a gentlemen that tows his e90 track car with his cayenne diesel and it does great.
i can't do a cayenne diesel and the f250 platinum (probably never going to happen) that i want... no point in two vehicles for towing, and the wife isn't going to drive a land yacht f250... she's a decent driver, but doesn't want to deal with the size. understandable. sho she's likely going to wind up with an x5d or a cayman d that can serve both purposes. fortunately, nothing weird has happened to her diesel to turn her off to it, and she really enjoys the power and economy.
i love my electric smart car, but my lease is up in july and i don't know what i'm going to do yet. ideally, i'd sign the same lease and take the same car, but they aren't willing to play ball yet (i got too good of a deal on this lease). i have become accustomed to driving this cheap little weird and somehow fun car. now i want something weird, cheap, and fun- and i'm afraid there isn't much out there that fits the bill other than a smart car.
sorry for the weird rant.