View Single Post
      10-20-2017, 10:20 AM   #8
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

I'm closing in on two years and 20K miles with my 2016 M235. I had a CEL pop up the first winter I had it and it was related to winter fuel. The DME was reflashed. I've had no other issues with the car. I'm shocked that the car has still remained tight and essentially rattle free (sure, there a minor rattles when I hit big pavement cuts and potholes). Most cars really loosen up after 6 months.

My biggest compliant right now is straightline traction. There's simply too much low end torque, especially in 1st and 2nd gear. I have the OEM MPSS tires and they still have well over 50% tread left and are still fresh. The car easily blows through 1st from a rolling start when in Sport+, Traction Off, or DSC OFF. It will also routinely spin the tires fairly badly from a rolling punch in 2nd from 2500rpms+. As the miles have increased, I swear the car has gotten a bit more powerful as it's broken in. It's pretty dang fierce once under way considering it's stock. Oddly, my soft winter Michelin Alpin PA3s have better straightline grip than the MPSS. I can launch the car far harder and it isn't near as prone to spin from a rolling punch. The soft tread compound definitely helps. I'll be getting the MP LSD in the spring. I hope it helps to some extent. I have no interest is adding wider rear tires and I'm not convinced it would really help.

Last edited by XutvJet; 10-20-2017 at 10:29 AM..
Appreciate 0