03-15-2023, 05:15 PM   #39
LanceM26
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i, BMW M240iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmtespar View Post
My X3 has wireless charging tray from the factory and I love being able to just toss my phone down to charge. It's especially useful while using Apple Car Play. I hated the wireless charger offered in the 2 series being under the armrest since you have wrench your body around to open the armrest and then set the phone into a charging tray and inadvertently leaving the phone behind upon exit. So I did some research and found this aftermarket wireless charger made to go in front of the cup holders. It features a nice grippy mat to hold the phone and lights blue while charging the phone and will change color in case of some issue. It offered a plug and play adapter so no hacking into the factory harness and also provided an in-line fuse. It looked very oem and said it would fit the 2 series, 3 series and 4 series so I went for it. The vendor asked me to measure my tray which I did and said it would fit.

I received the item today and was disappointed that it did not fit and after tearing the console apart, I discovered the wiring harness was the wrong type of plugs. After going through all of the trouble of dismantling the console, I was determined to make it work. I altered the charging base and made my own harness using male and female spades to make it all work.

So here is the removal, alteration and install process via pictures. I'm thrilled with the finished product. It looks great, no factory wires were cut and the beverage tray still opens and closes with ease. I hope this helps others install this much requested mod.

This is the product I purchased: https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/...Id=32948147108

I coded to turn on the phone left on charger warning and I get the option on the screen to enable the feature but nothing else happens when I turn off the car and open the door. I'm thinking it must be specific to the charger under the armrest. Oh well, was worth a shot.

Here is that code:
NBT Evo, 3000 HMI, WCA

Comment = Verfügbarkeit Wireless Charging Ablage -> Handy Vergessen Warner CCM (über HMI) + Deaktivierbarkeit des Handy Vergessen Warner über HMI (Translation: Availability Wireless charging storage-> mobile forget Warner CCM (with HMI) + disable capability of the phone forget Warner on HMI)

OPTIONS
nicht_aktiv (not active) = 00
aktiv (Active) = 01
Looks like the link is now dead
Appreciate 0