10-17-2019, 01:54 PM   #30
BelugaaF22
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i N20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
I just did this as well ... a couple of differences. The first is that you do not need to separate the drive mode switch assembly from the centre console frame. The whole piece comes out together and you can unplug the switch quite easily. I would not recommend you do it the other way because the top piece of the drive mode switch assembly is quite fragile where it connects to the bottom. Also, I didn't quite do the wiring the way the bmtespar did. I used the passthrough harness that came with the charger and simply cut off the ends and replaced them with spades and flags.

Otherwise, his instructions were extremely helpful. I have the pre-LCI car without the cover over the cupholders so the mat fits without disassembling it ... but I did anyway and it looks so much better that way.

The only thing is I lost one of the T20 screws for my iDrive controller. Fortunately, it's pretty tight with two and sits right on top of another piece so it doesn't move at all.
Sorry to revive an old thread but could you possible take a picture of the way you did your harness? I just got this in the mail and tackling it pretty soon. Thanks!
Appreciate 0