05-29-2016, 12:15 AM   #18
JoeyF228
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
JoeyF228 they all good and they all have their pros/cons

I saw another thread of you mentioning piggyback tunes? Any reason why you havent tried one yet? You can prob buy a RaceChip from someone here for under $500 or a new one $600 shipped to you.

Again, it all depends what you want out of your car, the routes may change, are you leasing or financing ? first car or have a 2nd car? are you a Do It Yourself type of person or prefer dealer doing everything for u ? etc etc

OP, once again take your time, read the forums, find some info on your similar car or engine who has been tuned and what they have done to prove the tune is gaining something good.
I'm financing the car, got it with 8k miles on it and its CPO Elite warranty until 75k miles. I used to work at the BMW dealer and currently work across the street running the parts dept at a Rover/Jag/VW store. I can do a little myself but usually have one of the techs i know help me out.

This is my only car but i do want to buy a cheap car for hauling the dog around or whatever. I don't race my car and its decently quick but i just want to make sure i get the most for my money. The Enzo tune is about the same price as JB4 + catless downpipe, i would give up a few peak hp to have a safe and reliable tune with nice gains under the curve.

I'll email Mission, Enzo, ESS, and RK Tunes and see which i feel most comfortable with i suppose. Thanks for all the help!
Appreciate 1