View Single Post
      04-02-2020, 06:48 PM   #15
230iZTR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Signal Orange wrapped 230i THP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifobd View Post
Going back and forth between those [Kmac] or camber plates, dont know if the NVH will bug me or not...
If you want to go as wide as possible on the tire, the adjustable bushings should reposition the tire relative to the strut in such a way that it actually reduces inner clearance compared to a camber plate that moves the entire strut assembly. It might not be that big of a deal, but in a game of millimeters, its best to be aware of how every suspension link impacts clearance.

I went straight to plates because a 255 setup was my goal from the start and I saw no reason to be incremental about it. I'm young and its still way quieter than my last rattle-trap of a car. But its probably cheapest and easiest on NVH to start with the bushings for now, and add plates later if the need to add more tire eventually overcomes your fear of a little extra NVH. You can always adjust the bushings back to the stock length if you need more clearance for the plates to do their thing.

Personally, I feel like rolling the fenders to accommodate the 255's was moreso the 'point of no return' compared to introducing a bit more NVH in the form of occasional rattling or speed-bump clunks with the camber plates. You can always remove the camber plates if you don't like them...but unrolling a fender is not possible.
17x9 APEX Arc8-R, 255/40/17 RE71RS, Vorshlag Plates, Swift Spec-R Springs, m-Performance Bumpstops, Dinan ShockWare, Paragon 2-piece rotors, Carbon lip, custom 3" alumalite splitter, GTS wing, FTP Intake and Charge pipe, BootMod3 Stage 1 OTS

Last edited by 230iZTR; 04-02-2020 at 07:02 PM..
Appreciate 0