View Single Post
      05-23-2019, 10:21 AM   #2349
MsportyX35
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '14 xDrive35i M Sport, Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
what sort of difference did you notice? was this upgrade to the base suspension or did you have THP?
My car came with the adaptive suspension that came with the M Sort package. The dampeners have just 2 modes, with eco pro and comfort using the softer setting, and sport/sport+ using the firmer. The Dinan flash replaces the stock eco/comfort program with the stock sport/sport+ program, while the sport and sport+ modes use the new firmer Dinan program. Overall, I'm really pleased. I always liked the sport suspension setting better than eco/comfort. But I didn't always want the heavy steering effort (it adds nothing to feel or feedback, just makes it heavier) or the more aggressive throttle mapping. And the stock comfort setting wasn't really that comfortable over bumpy pavement anyway. It just made the car feel more floaty, not in a good way. Now, in sport or sport plus, when I get on it on twisty backroads, the car reminds me of the M Sport suspension in my old e46. There's less nose dive under hard braking, less body roll during quick transitions, and it just feels more fun, and I feel more connected to the car and the road. Obviously, it's not like you all of a sudden have a set of new Öhlins in the car. But, for a couple of hundred bucks, it's the best bang for the buck mod that I've ever done on any car.

Previous: E46 330i M Sport Orient Blue, and a bunch of non BMW mostly crap cars, except the CRX, which was an absolute blast
Appreciate 1
happyjack1657.00