View Single Post
      06-28-2016, 08:43 AM   #46
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBucket View Post
I've ran my PSS in those temps and never had any issues, just have to not drive aggressively at all, making sure to brake early, driving with smooth inputs. No cracking or anything like that at all and the roads arent amazing around here.
Risk is not certainty, and we vary in how we manage risk. I've never had a house burn down, but I still renew my homeowner's insurance each year, but that's me, and I am a bit risk-averse. Michelin states they can determine sub-45 degree usage as the cracking of the compound, when it happens, is a specific pattern and they will not warranty it. The cracking is not from bad roads. It starts as micro-cracking as the almost-frozen compound is flexed during rotation. Also, if a kid runs out in front, or someone suddenly loses control in the vehicle's path, the loss of traction of PSS at those temperatures will significantly reduce anyone's ability to successfully avoid a problem. That's just how I personally analyze situations. YMMV.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0