09-21-2021, 05:06 AM   #20
BlueberryPie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbuckmiller View Post
One thing to note for putting kids in the back is there are no upper car seat anchors on the convertible (or at least my '18 M240 vert doesn't have them). It has the lower latches but no upper anchor to tether to. Luckily my kids have graduated to booster seats but worth noting if your kids are still in full size car seats.

Otherwise, the car is a blast and I love it. Did a ton of research before settling on the M240 vert. It's one of the few convertible options that combines a rear seat + performance + luxury. It can also be pretty fuel efficient if needed (not my concern but it's an option). The ZF8 is the best auto I've ever had (prob not saying much) but it shifts incredibly quick for a non dual clutch. Had multiple people comment on how quick it is and they're shocked when I tell them it's not a dual clutch.

I'm sure you sacrifice some of the performance compared to a non-vert given the extra weight and lack of stiffness with the missing roof but I'm not trying to do any hot laps either so for me it's perfect!
Thanks for sharing about the top tether, I totally missed that. I think I can use the seat belts to secure the car seats instead of the latch system, but I'm sure my wife will have something to say about that... The manual has a note about front facing car seats requiring the top latch in Canada, nothing specific about the US though.

Looks like I might need to look into retrofitting a top tether anchor for each seat... ahhh.

Last edited by BlueberryPie; 09-21-2021 at 05:41 AM..
Appreciate 0