View Single Post
      09-20-2021, 09:07 AM   #18
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyerizm View Post
Thanks all for the feedback on running winter tires! Sorry didn’t mean to hijack the thread, but to bring it full circle this more than doubles the available inventory out there. Plus, looks like the xDrive commands about a $6k premium on used cars.

Got two contenders in my sights, a M240i with 69k miles and a M235i with 40k miles. Obviously I’d prefer the B58…but the miles.
Final thought...for your winter tires in Chicago, don't go halfway with so-called "performance winter". Aim for the real thing in the winter studless category like Michelin XIce xi3 or Blizzak WS90. Accept that the trade-off for surviving a Chicago winter and to really love "rear wheel" driving during the other three seasons will be to have these tires and driving appropriately for your awful weather conditions. Read more on the tirerack.com website.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 1