View Single Post
      03-04-2015, 11:18 AM   #57
scottomfg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 Cayman S 6MT, '21 X5 45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
I guess non-lawyers do not appreciate the importance of language. If a better deal is impossible, and the norm is not the base numbers, then base numbers by definition would be a hell of a deal and not necessarily a normal deal. Next time you snipe, stay in for the long haul.
I'm here for the long haul. Since you are a lawyer I guess we should all just follow your commands and ignore your errors?

I didn't say normal, I said fair. Getting base lease rates does not make a hell of a deal. The point of this thread is to use our experience and perspective to help those with less of those things see if they have a great deal or not. To tell someone they have a hell of a deal when the only criteria you have to go on is that they are getting the base lease rates is plain and simply wrong. Not getting a bad deal isn't the same as getting a hell of a deal.

Getting base lease rates is the first part of getting a good deal. But many other things have to come on top of that to make it a hell of a deal. For me, to qualify as a hell of a deal on an ordered car, you'd also have to hit *at least* invoice pricing, base acquisition fee, and very low document fees. Personally, I've bought both of my leased BMWs for $500 over invoice and base rates, and I only consider those deals to be good--not extraordinary enough to be considered a hell of a deal.

2014 981 Cayman S 6MT, X73 Suspension, SES
2021 X5 45e MSport, Manhattan Green, Coffee Merino, Review & Photos
Previous: '18 340 GT, '15 M235i 6MT, '15 i3 REx, '15 x1 xDrive28i
Appreciate 0