10-08-2019, 08:56 AM   #21
c-m
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1wheels View Post
Hello,
I am not trying to butt in on your conversation that you are having but I was curious as to what WHP and WTQ you are getting with your current set-up? Are you just running pump gas or do you also have any power adders like water/meth injection? Plus, what boost pressure are you running? On Top Gear Solutions they list two separate set of numbers, one for 18 psi and the other for 23 psi.
The first set is @ 18 psi with them getting 455.71 WHP and 469.88 WTQ
At 23 psi quite a bit more with 536.31 WHP and 494.89 WTQ
Also are you using a custom tune from Wedge Performance?
I just bought the lpfp and installed the Stage II+ tune from MHD and was quite pleased with the outcome. Prior to that I was running VF Engineering’s Stage II tune but experiencing violent misfires @ anything over 6K rpm. After I switched over to the MHD tune the car runs right up to redline every time with no misfires at all. I plan on going with the Pure Turbo Stage II myself. I wanted to know if you went with the XDI-35 that everyone recommends, some have even gone with the larger XDI-60? I would eventually add water/meth injection as well. But I too would begin to worry how much that ZF 8-speed auto can handle. And I still have yet to install the xHP TCU software that I purchased for it. I have a friend that is the Service Manager at a local tune shop here in the Pacific Northwest. He just got in a 2015 M235i just like my car with the Pure Turbo Stage II kit, the $275 Inlet Aluminum pipe, and he went with the Elite Fueling Systems Port Injection kit, that uses a one-piece billet aluminum manifold spacer, with the fuel rail built right in. I guess he did this if he ever wants to go beyond what most people have done referring to the size of turbo. I know Elite claims that their system with support up to 1,000 CC injectors, that is some serious fuel flow!
Thanks for sharing,
David
I went with the larger XDI-60 because it supports up to 800HP. I will never go that large, but I didn't want to mess with PI. I'm going to be running full E85 in the spring. Currently on 93 and plan to hit the dyno soon. I'm running BM3 and custom tuned by Cary Jordan. The car feels incredible even on the pump gas. I do plan on hitting a spot with my Dragy soon just to see what the guesstimated 1/4 time is now. If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up. You can follow my build on IG as well (@sb.2ers).
Appreciate 0