maxrev30
Private
Rep
Drives: LBB M2C, 85 1uz v8 yota pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrated View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxrev30 View Post
So i finally picked up a 2015 m235i xdrive.

It is in very very good condition and got it for a very good price.

although after having it for 3 days now I've noticed its making a very loud rattle from the left pipe on the exhaust.

It has the m performance exhaust on it and after taking a look under the car i noticed a wire that is just tapped up and there is no electronic piece hooked to the exhaust. Which I'm guessing goes to the electric dump in the car.

I'm wondering if the dump isn't hooked up could this cause the plate inside the exhaust to rattle because it's not getting any power to the dump to hold it in place or could it actually be busted?

thanks for any help/pointers!
it's probably the exhaust flap/valve. i had the MPE on my m2 and they had a rattle issue that was fixed in a later revision. (they replaced mine completely, and the guy who owns it now had it replaced again, so it's on the third exhaust lol)
Hey thanks a bunch for the reply! I called the dealership to see if the car had a certified pre owned warranty and they told me i needed to have the previous owner change it into my name. when he does that i will bring the car in and have them fix it. ill probably end up building my own exhaust anyways! so have bmw fix it then sell the m sport exhaust.
Appreciate 0