05-17-2022, 05:34 PM   #8
matter57
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
If you are fairly new intermediate, probably best to stay with street tires. They are a lot easier to learn on, worth the extra cost at least to me.
That's curious opinion - if I understand you correctly. I'm interested in having you break it down. It seems to me that increased grip and handling as the pace goes up is a good thing. My experience with motorcycles is that to optimally use a 'race' tire the rider needs to put enough force into it to get it into its operating temperature range and that a slow rider won't be able to do that. But these aren't race tires- they are a high performance 200TW 'summer' tire i.e. street tire. In addition my suspension is improved which should make handling & braking better with a grippier tire.

Are you saying that the Falken RT660 is not a street tire and if so why is it more difficult to learn on? Are you recommending a non-performance tire and if so how are you defining that? And why?
Thanks for your comments!
2015 228i w/track package, MCS 2 way NonRemote Dampers, new bmw long block, VRSF catless downpipe, AR Mtrsports oil pan baffle, Ground Control camber plates, Apex ARC-8 18 x8.5 wheels, ET45 with 5mm spacer in front only, Schroth Quick Fit Pro harnesses
Appreciate 0