United_States
Rep
Drives: seeking m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx_Rufus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanator135 View Post
Congrats!! Back from the holidays!

The time in production will fly by....unfortunately, the time "in transit" will take forever . My car is still in that status, but I can't believe my PCD is only a month away!!
I'm just hoping for good weather. Any mods planned right away?
No major mods right away, just some little things like s/s pedals (I started another thread looking for input on that - lots of good info from the other members), a good sealant for the oyster leather seats, and some winter wheels and tires. Funny thing on the tires - I was thinking about the mild winters we've been having and how I should consider some good performance all-seasons instead of winter tires, and we get slammed with 8"+ yesterday and last night. If one could trust those around you (which you can't), the xDrive car should be an absolute hoot in this weather with winters.

My dealer is estimating early April for Spartanburg. He's looking into tacking a 1 Day M School on to the back of my delivery experience for me
I got the stainless pedals, thru the port. I don't think my back would survive trying to crouch down and drill holes in the pedals

We got the snow in Maryland too. Rear-biased X-drive with the right tires should be a blast!Making me a little nervous about February weather. I survived Pittsburgh winters with my 135 back in the day with just winter tires...made me a believer. I have a backup for bad weather now, and nowhere near as much snow as I had up there now. Will eventually get some nice all-seasons that are rated well, I'm a big believer in the Conti DWS's, I think there's a crazy long thread on that too On my 4th set right now among various cars over the past few years...my problem with pure winter tires is that our borderline weather also results in temperature swings from 40s at night to highs in the 70s at times, which would be unsafe at night for the summer tires, but eat the winter tires' life short in no time...

I think I'm super jealous of the M-school option! Sounds amazing...how much extra, if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0