View Single Post
      11-15-2022, 12:15 PM   #31
msendit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSmith View Post
You had some great battles! It seemed like some of the drivers would slice across you unfortunately, I guess they're really taking the 3/4 car width allowance to heart.

I think I've asked you before - is the throttle trace the accelerator pedal or the throttle body position or just some other metric of "throttle"? It was odd to see 15+% throttle while braking. I was wondering if it was OEM anti-lag or something. If it isn't accelerator pedal then note that the OEM ECU will close the throttle periodically as short term boost control. If it is the accelerator pedal, then get on the throttle decisively; if you have to lift to correct it'll hurt you more than just waiting until the right moment to get on it 100%, even more so with a turbo motor.

Man you need that 0.5 back so you can pass on the straights. As it was you had some grunt, enough to make your presence known, but not enough to make the pass stick. Some of that might be your own aggression though :-)
Yes, there was definitely exciting fighting. And I could've been more decisive a few times to muscle through...

The trace is PPS, the TPS data is even more spiky! I've been working on smoother throttle inputs, but breaking ingrained bad habits takes a while. I've also somewhat convinced myself I need more aggression on the later hoosier heatcycles to extract the grip (this was HC 5), so that's not helping either. Also I LFB all the time, so some accidental overlap is probably not surprising...

Don't go after my favorite ZF8 0.5! Hopefully we have a few more tricks before going there... Maybe more torque :-P
Appreciate 1
M3SQRD2095.00