10-07-2022, 09:35 AM   #2
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himbla122 View Post
I'm trying to find a tune compatible with my f22 2021 M240i xdrive.
I was going to go with the Dinan stage 1 + to carry over my warranty unfortunately after doing some digging Dinan advised me that the 2021 M240i's have locked DME.

What options do I have with a locked DME? Are there any other tunes available or should I wait it out.
Your current easiest and cheapest path is to pick up the JB4 tune. Brand new is 670 bucks for the tuning module plus the bluetooth connection kit which I recommend getting. Sometimes you can find a used kit for 400 to 500 bucks.

You could run the JB4 Maps 3 or 4 (I think 18, 20 psi of boost respectively) with a couple gallons of E85 in your tank. I ran Map 4 with up to 3 gallons of E prior to getting a flash tune and the car pulled super hard. If you want more power I would get the TU high pressure fuel pump then you could run additional ethanol and a higher map. Before I installed the TU pump I was seeing rail pressure drops even running an E20 blend. Folks say you can run up tp E30 on the stock fuel pump but I don't recommend it based on my experience.

I opted for the MHD flash tune since my DME is not locked but I did really like the JB4 setup. The real time monitoring interface is nice and the support from the JB4 guys is solid.