United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amack View Post
Hey guys.

Have a few questions regarding PI.

Car - 235i n55 FBO

Will be getting a pure stg2 in a few months when I have the time to drive interstate to get it done so that will be coming.

Goal - 500hp daily driven

1 - so the pi kit is for fuelling, is it explicitly for e85 mixes or just extra fuelling in general?

2 - is there expected gains from factory turbo applications?

3 - integration with tunes? I'm running mhd 2+ currently with no jb4, I'll be using the aic controller that comes with the kit. Now is there anything I need to do extra from a tuning stand point? Or an ots mhd map and the aic controller is enough to see benefits?

4 - lpfp and hpfp. Do I need to upgrade either of these to work with a setup aiming for 500hp?

The BMP kit is what I'll be going with, the price point is around 1k and comes with bosh injectors and extra oem style bolts which is nice. If anyone has experience with this kit I'd love to hear it!

Meth - some people like the idea but I don't so won't be going down this route.

Thanks in advance.
1.) I believe most people do e85 or methanol injection although it could be done with pump gas.

2.) As far as I know fueling is the limiting factor, but the turbo is not too far behind. You could prob get a little gain on the factory turbo, but you'd likely be running the turbo in a less efficient range.

3.) Not sure, but I'm pretty sure you'd have to take logs and and make adjustments. From what I've read port injection takes some trial and error to get everything running perfectly.

4.) If you are doing port injection with a pump and tank, then the port injection can be its own system which would not require lpfp or hpfp.

You could could upgrade lpfp and hpfp. This would be used for pump gas or e85 in your gas tank.

I do not have a system yet so take what I said with a grain of salt. I am looking at doing ps2 with intake manifold injection (methanol) in the future though so I have looked into this a little bit.
Appreciate 0