View Single Post
      03-14-2019, 01:55 PM   #19
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Thats not too much milage though or really a long amount of time, BMWs can be relatively reliable for some time, but once all the rubber and plastic starts to break or wear out things do add up usually anywhere over 100k miles, some more stuff tends to happen. Not all bmws are like this, there are lucky ones out there, but I'm not gonna say that BMWs are like toyotas in reliability. The E90 is relatively good, its just some of the smaller things, or electronics like the Electric Water Pump or Valve Cover Gasket that seem to be the biggest issue, and 35i's usually tend to have expensive turbo replacements. There are some stupid designs to BMWs though, not every one is perfect, i remember the E46s were notorious for cooling issues, mine itself blew a head-gasket but that was after 200k miles thankfully and not earlier like some horror stories i've heard.
My point is I purchased my E92 (owned for 6 years 56k) new and my current F22 new (5 years 46k) and this car has been in the shop for MANY issues. If you look back on my posts, you'll see the issues I've dealt with from when the car hit about 3.5 years and 30k on the odo. Squeaks, creaks, clunks, iDrive screen totally blacking out and them replacing the screen, then head unit, and it still was blanking out and rebooting. Oh, and the squeaky seat I had to take in three times and they eventually replaced the seat back frame. So many bugs compared to my E92 and I purchased both new with under 70 miles on them. The only issue I had with the E92 was the well known and documented Bosch coil pack failures. I replaced one coil in 6 years of ownership and that was literally the only thing I ever did to that car besides routine maintenance.
Appreciate 0