View Single Post
      03-07-2015, 12:43 PM   #16
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_F22 View Post
While I completely agree with your point about you can't expect everyone to be positive when trying to be different. But numbers do not lie and product sales of CSL trunks on other BMW platforms suggest that they can be made to work and be attractive. Nobody is trying to create a product that would look silly or out of place. The whole concept of this thread was to gauge interest in a possible new solution for a trunk spoiler and the pictures I posted are a rough indication of what it could potentially look like but obviously nothing is set in stone. We would test various heights of the spoiler and other characteristics in order to ensure it would be the most proper look on a 2 series.
I sincerely applaud the creativity and exploration and hope you can please enough people to make a good business case. When it's all done, if it looks good to me, I'll certainly consider one as well. You were doing fine until the unfortunate comment about "losing their minds" simply due to some differing opinions. That kind of reaction will not advance your cause.
Appreciate 0