05-05-2017, 10:39 AM   #52
Dr. Indiana Jones
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
I see nothing wrong with engineering a vehicle to turn torque into grip at all four corners all the time. It isn't just about winter. BMW isn't considering AWD for the new high powered M cars for no reason.

Ultimately, you need to consider the driving dynamics that come from the different physics. I like AWD. I prefer it. I prefer the characteristics of AWD sports cars. That's why I bought an M240i xdrive rather than an M2 (that, and a configurable suspension, and other features).

That all aside, the most important component in any vehicle is the driver. Tune that, and driving is less likely to kill you. I'd support enforcing the DE licensing model in Canada in a heartbeat, high cost for training inclusive.
Thx for the info, bud. I test drove an M240i w x-drive yesterday, and thx to its normal 40-60 Front/Rear wheel bias, didn't find much difference from the feel of a RWD, and quite enjoyed it! I've decided to do x-drive this go around. BTW, what did u mean when u commented M cars don't come w x-drive - what's the rationale for this?
Appreciate 0