View Single Post
      05-10-2023, 10:35 PM   #19
Ralph III
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Hello OP,
I've never used Dr. Color Chip, which is very popular, but it's still just touch up paint!

If it were me and I had a brand new 2023 M3 which I expected to apply a ceramic coat to; I'd paint and clear the entire bumper being able to myself. The images are of our 2007 which I painted a few years ago, in giving it to our daughter for college. Otherwise, I'd take it to the Dealership and have them paint and clear the entire bumper.

Does your insurance not cover this? I hate to be a party-pooper, but why would you spend $80,000.00 on a brand new vehicle and then skimp on making a proper repair? Especially if you are going to have it ceramic coated?

*The best method would be to re-paint the entire bumper and then re-clear.

*The second best method would be to paint the damaged area alone (blend) and then re-clear the entire bumper. The painter has to be highly qualified to blend paint in this method though, so you need to be clear on expectations. I doubt the cost would be much better than the first method though.

*Some may suggest blending both the paint and clear for additional cost savings. You can to that but it will be of lesser quality than the above.

*The cheapest would be to buy some touch up paint and touch it up. If you're fine with that and can live with it, then continue as you've started. It'll never be perfect but you can make it look good.

You asked for opinions, so I'm just offering mine. It really comes down to your expectations and desires.

Good luck,
Ralph
Attached Images

Last edited by Ralph III; 05-11-2023 at 04:30 PM..
Appreciate 0