04-14-2018, 07:51 AM   #21
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggggbmw View Post
You're right. The catch bottle was a splurge. Your plain tube method does work, and it's the same thing I used to do. But, a purpose built tool usually works better. And I'm a tool junkie.

And in this case, it does work better. The nipple fitting eases on and off easier, and holds better. Less likely to pop off and spray fluid the like plain tube did a few times. The translucent tubing showed the color difference between old and new tubing well. And the base on the catch bottle is also wider, so less likely to tip than an old water bottle. (But you could find a better bottle.)

For $10, I thought it was reasonable I've certainly spent more for dumber tools.
I don't blame you. I still have a 36mm socket and flywheel nut tool from my air-cooled VW days. I was fortunate enough to find some clear tubing that was just the right size to pop on and off the bleeder ports nicely. i actually need a second tool box now.
Appreciate 0