View Single Post
      07-20-2022, 06:25 PM   #7
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerC_6MT View Post
And, finally, what kind of break-in procedure should I do? Diffsonline recommends 1200 miles of easy driving, but other forums online say 500, and other still say to thrash it from day one.
You bought an expensive and complicated product from Dan, so listen to him.

The point is, Dan's a professional making his living from diffs. You wouldn't go to a forum for medical advice, would you? Same thing applies here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGTI View Post
I followed Dan's recommendation, haven't had any issues. My diff had seals and it was a drop and swap. I don't see why yours would be any different. A good idea may be to consider replacing your differential bushings since you are dropping the diff.
Same here re: the break-in period.

I didn't upgrade my diff bushings, but instead had the subframe bushings upgraded (https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...ame-mount-kit/). I did that following the advice I got from from TC Kline Racing (https://www.tcklineracing.com/).

I don't know why TC recommended the subframe bushings and not the diff bushings or both. What I can say is the combination of the Wavetrac and the subframe bushings make for one really, really hooked-up RWD BMW. The combination has been a major transformation, and one with absolutely no downside that I've so far experienced.

Last edited by dradernh; 07-20-2022 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
WolfGTI716.00