02-04-2021, 12:20 PM   #105
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
I follow your logic. However, despite you assuming that I have no experience with cadillac nor with the ATS line, a buddy of mine bought that car, he was in his thirties, not old, I was in my twenties. I liked the exterior of the car, and the performance seemed great although I never drove it. I thought the interior was cool, unique, different. But the same perception as you I hated the VUE touchscreen, and so did he. This new blackwing has the same touchscreen in a package that just looks cheap, the UI looks dated, and that is before fingerprints are riddled all over it. Further, the manual transmission version (the bread and butter) forgoes the spinwheel navigation option ie you have to touch the screen. Further, the interior has those circlar shaped wiper and turn signal knobs, the same ugly and cheap design from chevy aveo's that you get on your vacation rental (when you are an up-and-coming). So for these reasons, the interior sucks. I will not withhold my opinion on an online opinion forum just bc it is the unpopular one to you and others. Cadillac will not be on my cross-shopping list until they fix their interiors. If you or someone else likes the Caddy interior (maybe you dont care about the things I care about). Great, buy it. And no, this doesn't mean I buy cars just for interior and don't care about performance. Last I checked, BMW still makes the best performing luxury car for the money.
Like I said, the E30 interior is the best layout I've come across. BMWs wiper control and cruise control stalks are the best in the business IMO. Why BMW abandoned the cruise stalk on the E46 I'll never understand. But each manufacturer has their own interior design theme. I have a GM product, the wiper and cruise controls are different, but still functional.

My Z4 has the extended leather option (I bought it used), which is nice as shit, but I've been in a few others without extended leather and found them good enough. The menu buttons on E85/86 totally suck regardless. I look for function for driving as my main criteria. Material finish isn't that important to me.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00