Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte_Diamonds View Post
Agreed. VW ruined my German car experience. I vowed never to buy another German car again. Went Japanese the next remaining vehicles then rolled the dice on the F80. Lol
I completely disagree with both of you on vw. I’ve had 4 diff gti models dating back to a mk5 all new in their current years and have been equally happy and impressed with them all. Very few issues with them overall. I only traded my last car which was a mk7 gti with 23k miles because I was able to find the 135i I’m in now and doing so significantly reduced my payment and the amount of owed towards the car. May not seem like a big deal to most but I’m def not rich by any means, so I took it. Though I love having a 135i again I do very much miss quite a few things about my gti. Namely the seats and seat/pedal position which are completely different from the 1er. I honestly thought I’d never go back to leather seats and I did and kind of wish I could’ve supplemented the sexy Interlagos seats from my gti. The gti had an amazing amount of cargo space given it was a hatch and a 4 door. Also really liked the way the car handled around curves and higher speed turns where the 135 stock has a harder time with sways and obviously understeer. There’s plenty to love about the 1er but honestly I’ve been very happy with vw over the years. I’m keeping my 1er and I’ll likely mod the suspension a bit but I’ve done most of the modding I want to do at this point
Appreciate 0