View Single Post
      07-05-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
fancyfl1ght
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

Open Source A/V Integration (Backup Camera)

Folks,

I thought I'd share some work I did over the weekend with my car. As some folks might know, I got a stripper 228i with a lighting package. I didn't want auto tranny but the WAF factor forced its hand (wife acceptance factor).

WAF factor also forced me to do research on a backup camera (why can't people drive with mirrors? oh yeah folks want self driving cars so I don't have to pay attention to my driving. . .i digress.

There are a lot of choices out there, so I took an generic approach to installing a backup camera, which I will call open source.

I call it open source because I want to share the fundementals, but not really the step by step. That way you can decide on the products and do it yourself. By the way alibaba is chock full of devices so between ebay and alibaba you'll have a ton of choices.

I'll be posting pics real soon. So stay tuned.
Alpine White BMW 228i (Stripper Special with Lighting Package as the ONLY option), HD-LINK IW06B-N23 Backup Camera & HDMI Input, Technic ASD Removal Harness (Wire Nut Mod), Technic Hifi Harness, Focal FDP 6.900, Hertz Energy ECX 100.5.
Appreciate 5