10-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #78
norMcal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche GT4 & 2013 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbmw View Post
Anything is possible with BMW as recent developments have shown. Who knows if and when we'll see an M2. There's clearly a demand for it. Hell I'd like a new 1M with a hatchback but I wouldn't stretch it that far.

However I see no reason why a low volume M2 couldn't be priced and powered similarly to an M3 or M4... Yes I know this is isn't the traditional way but lots of these are being broken.

Renders are all really good.
Exactly! It is not written in stone that the M3/M4 has to remain the king of the hill, as far as performance goes. The tradition is already broken, by making the M4 the 2-door successor of the original M3, so now would be the perfect time to insert the M2 and make it a faster, lighter alternative. It won't necessarily need more power, but it will be faster on the track.

My feelings about the M235i.......it is a nice car for the masses. I like it for the most part, except that awful rear quarter panel. That area looks so plane and out of proportion for some reason. The only fix is to aggressively flare it like the M2 rendering shows it. Now the car looks good from most angles, except maybe from a full perpendicular side view, that doesn't show the fender flare.

I hope BMW build a M2!
Appreciate 0