View Single Post
      02-03-2024, 08:48 AM   #11
riponfrosh
Rep
Drives: BMW e91

Ok Ok .... I get it. Yes.. there is no "best" suspension. My bad. I work in engineering. I should have known to define the goal, haha

I bought an M240 over an M2 to maintain daily drivability on Wisconsin's winter-abused tarmac. Solid subframe mounts, little sound deadening, "only-stiff" suspension are not ideal, and my wife would refuse to ride in the car for more than local errands. My EVO X was essentially kicked out of our home.

That said, the stock suspension lacks communication and high-speed stability. It wallows, pitches and rolls. Virtually zero communication is relayed back to me while driving.

I was set to sell the car, honestly.

But decided I at least wanted to experience the car with an LSD (which I will stand behind is a borderline criminal omission by BMW, particularly on RWD versions.) I can now FEEL the rear end of the car and control it, certainly at lower speeds. I'm hoping adding a bit more stiffness to the rear subframe bushings will increase that sense of feedback, while not going "full solid mount" as in the M2.

I want to improve feedback, increase steering response and feel, increase high-speed stability and control, dramatically reduce body roll.

I'm sure the M2CS would be my "ideal" but...

A) that's an absurd price tag for a 2 series
B) I actually much prefer the B58 to the S55 in terms of sound, "streetable" torque, low cost to maintain (or even replace years down the road.)

Hoping this added clarity gets me out of the doghouse here :-)
Appreciate 1
Sportstick4738.00