View Single Post
      05-27-2020, 07:22 PM   #41
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hockey4 View Post
I have peppered Tom (APEX) with questions, thx for patience ! He may be able to help.

Also the ET45 need 5mm spacer, and been chatting if I ever upgrade coilovers (may as I track more) needs the full 10mm addl. So why not get ET35 now...worried about negative camber now, and poke...that may be too close to fender (past) for me

What color car and wheels did you go with ? I'm joining group after this weekend track event
Happy to help clarify some details! In terms of the rim protection question, a 235 isn't going to offer too much protection from curbing on a 8.5" wheel. A 245 or 255 would be a better option if protection is what you are looking for, but the move to a wider tire may affect your camber needs/spacers et c.

I also wanted to mention that not all coilovers will require wider spacers with this setup. Certain designs/brands (especially those that use conical springs up front) require these spacers but other coilovers with liner springs and lower profile spring perches can clear without issues.

Big thanks to the guys participating in the forged group buy! Let me know if you need anything as we go through the process!

-Tom