View Single Post
      05-20-2019, 03:08 PM   #42
Luftwaffe1O1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i, 2000 Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
BMW NA is for general customer service issues, from what I gather, all they can do is help mediate a situation, they have very little sway in determining what gets approved and what doesn't.

I'm not even trying to discourage you but I fought the battle of BMW NA VS a dealer before and the results were fruitless.

When I went ghetto and cursed them out; BMW NA rep slipped up and explain that they just 'mediation powers,' that's all.. Waste of my time..
Not exactly, BMWNA has the final say. Even if dealer's try to get it sorted, BMWNA might say no, but while BMWNA doesn't have full authority over a dealer, they will usually comply with their request.

I've dealt with BMW NA a couple of times in the last 15 years. Once was with the OBC on my e36 M3, there was an extended warranty on the computer due to pixels going out.

Dealer tried to just goodwill the labor (1 hour), and charge me for the part ($680). BMW NA got involved and made sure it was remedied, as the part is faulty there fore warrantied.

My GF also had a problem with her 135, where she got it CPO, but it was across the country, we drove it back out west. Well she took it in complaining of some windnoise sometime later, and they said the windshield is not OEM, and the seals weren't correct. Took some back and forth and BMW of NA was getting involved, finally BMW dealer she bought it from agreed to pay for OEM windshield to be installed, at a dealer in San Diego, and they would cover it.

They can definitely help, because if they authorize warranty work, BMW dealer will comply.