Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
This might sound silly but print out the other related forum posts and the take it to the dealer and show them that it's a known defect and not an isolated incident.

I believe that'll put you in a better position than they possible blaming it on user error.

Good luck!
I just sent my service adviser a write-up of my side and picture of the damage as a document trail in the event he says they won't cover it. I've worked with him for years and he's a total car guy. I hope he'll go to bat for me rather than me having to go directly to BMW NA. I still have an appointment for 5/28, but I'm curious to hear his take before I show up and possibly waste my time.
That's discouraging.. :

Like I mention before, there is 50/50 chance they'll cover it. The only reason you'll get some resistance is it looks self-inflicted (I know, it's not) and the dealer might not want to take the chance and replace it, in case the claim gets audited by BMW they get a chargeback for the replacement.

So it's not a matter if it would be covered or not (it is), it's is if the dealer is willing to roll the dice on your behalf for this ambiguous issue.

Sucks but welcome to the world of warranty claims.
Appreciate 0