View Single Post
      05-17-2019, 04:04 PM   #25
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
lol? Where do you think your palm dirt/sweat/grime ends up? It beds into the leather over time, causing a smooth "shiny" appearance.

I've only used two leather cleaning products, and they both work very well. First is Chemical Guys, second is Autoglym, both top notch brands. Simply soak a microfibre with the juice, soak the wheel down and let sit for a couple of mins, then wipe dry with a clean microfiber. To get the OE "matte" look, use another microfibre and scrub hard. This has never let me down, and my wheel/seats/trim look as good as new, still.
Be careful. The top coat finish apparently lifts off without warning. At least for me it did. I've cleaned my wheel probably 40 times since buying the car back in Feb 2015. The last cleaning is when it happened and no issues prior to that. It's really odd. I'm so damn careful too. I used BMW products, a sun shade, the car is parked in a garage every night, windows tinted, etc. The more I research this, the more I see people having issues with this particular wheel. From what I'm seeing, the top coat is either thin or somewhat porous. It would explain why the finish is so different from most leather wheels out there and has such as comfy feel.