Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
So you're one of those people that would throw a fit if the person in front recline. Btw, not sure if you knew this but your seat can recline too. So the person in front won't be in your lap.
Sometimes (for example, when trying to work or eat), reclining one's own seat makes the situation even less comfortable. Now you have the seat in front of you pitched back + you are sitting in a weird position and need to lean forward in your seat. So not really a solution.
Definitely understand. I personally try to be mindful and look back before I recline. I always put my seat up straight when eating so the person in the back has more time. If they're working, I'll try not to recline too much. If I were in that position, I would nicely ask the person in front to put the chair up a bit. On the other hand, you can have someone working in the back always hitting your seat even if your seat is straight.

This thread reminded me of when my gf at the time and I flew some SFO to SGN on Singapore Airlines. We were towards the back (few rows from the very back). A little into the flight, my gf reclined the seat to sleep. She has a slight back problem. The lady in the back kept pushing the seat up. My gf told me so I tried reclining it for her, and that woman put her knees up to block it. When we asked her what the deal was, she said it's her space. We called the cabin crew and they told her that we had the right to recline our seats, as she did with hers. She said she doesn't want to recline her seat. In the end, we agreed to recline half way. Flight was full, otherwise they would have moved either of us. Her husband didn't say a word the entire a time. He didn't seem to want to get involved and just looked away. If she has just said something or asked nicely, we would have been more understanding and my gf would have reclined just a bit to help her be more comfortable.
Appreciate 0