05-26-2022, 12:07 AM   #60
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theruleslawyer View Post
As it turns out, not every seat in a plane reclines. So your solution is that when you decide to recline I and every single person behind you in the plane should have to recline or have their personal space grossly invaded? Very generous of you. I'm glad 37 people behind you could accommodate your choices.
If you’re stuck in seats on the last row against the toilets, then you’re SOL. In that case it’s worth asking people in front not to recline too much. But if they do, you can’t really force them not to. Look at it from another perspective: if everyone around you recline and you choose not to, that’s your choice. If you choose to make a big deal out of the person in front of you reclining, you’ll come off like an ass. People paid to use those seats and they should be able to do what they want with them, up to a point. It’s not the travelers’ fault airlines decided to make seats smaller and closer to each other in order to maximize revenue. Flying has gotten worse, and you’re expecting people to be uncomfortable and sit up right for the 16-18 hours from California to Europe just because you don’t think they should recline?
Appreciate 0