05-24-2022, 11:07 PM   #54
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
This isn't seat related but have a question about points. I see people who get these great upgrades and cheap flights via points. Any tips or tricks? Trying to figure this out before I book my flights to Greece. If it's a 2-4-2 I don't mind flying economy in the 2 section. But I've got all these points I need to start using so trying to see if I can be smart in how I go about this.

On our longer hauls (Japan) we've done premium select on Delta and when I turned to look at everyone in the back I was so happy I wasn't part of that misery (3-5-3).
I have sooooo many AA miles. I got them back when I used my card for a business I had that bought a lot of product. However I don't fly much and when I do it's typically short distance so then I feel bad wasting miles on a ticket that might only cost me $100 if I bought it. I tell myself I will save them for when I go on a long trip and I never do.

Anyways I recall with AA I could pay a small fee like $50 or $75 plus some miles and I could upgrade to business/first class. I can also book the whole thing with miles which is what I would do if I was flying to Europe or something. I did it last time when we flew to Wyoming. For me it's really just about the larger seat and only having 2 seats. The actual service, food etc is basically what coach use to be like back when I was a kid.
Appreciate 1
rebekahb3132.50