View Single Post
      04-03-2020, 05:07 PM   #2
eamerritt
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i X-Drive Convertible

I have a 2018 M240XICV (B58 engine). Very pleased. The convertible with the wind deflector makes it quite nice for any temps above about 55 degrees. Average gas mileage is between 25 and 30. Plenty of power across a broad range of rpms. A few blind spots (exaggerated by the convertible top when up). Seats, while seemingly on the floor, are both comfortable and supportive and come with a number of adjustments to dial them in to your prefs. Back seat would be cramped for anything longer than about 20-30 minutes. I use the comfort mode (well balanced unless you step into it) most of the time. The sport mode and using paddle shifters is great for the Smoky Mountain roads where I live. Only a few minor gripes. The car is a CPO, so it obviously came as optioned by the first owner. No blind spot mirrors, no oil dipstick, and no ability to display oil pressure, volts, and radiator temperature as a trio. The radio does not display your favorite presets until you hover over them. There is no control to circulate through radio presets on the steering wheel. After turning the engine off and don't lock the car, the radio and dashboard do not turn off for about 10 minutes -- an unnecessary drain on the battery when I pull into the garage for the night. Finally, the recurring charges for some of the technology features like GPS and others are steep and irritating. All told, the positives far outweigh the gripes. Yes, I would buy this model again.
Appreciate 0