View Single Post
      10-14-2019, 12:06 PM   #8
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorOver View Post
Thanks! Still on the V1. I had a harness change early on that resolved the issues I had.
Good to know. I'm on a .v1 also, but throw a code when running in "D" every 2nd or 3rd start up and goes away after 2-3 start-ups. In "D/S" no codes ever. Dinan offered to swap me into a .v2, but hate to take a step backward in performance. Unfortunately, I was never offered a new harness.

I have 1 year left on warranty so my quandary is, do I take the .v2 before warranty expires so when selling or trading I don't have to explain the CEL. I suppose at trade time I could pull the .v1 and try to sell it @ a big discount (along with the Dinan CF air intake) since the .v1 isn't available anymore (and having the tune or Intake won't return anything on a trade anyway. Perhaps keep the .v1 for my own enjoyment and wait for the Stage 2 (could be Dinan vaporware). Or maybe after warranty expires, go with a flash tune from another company.

So many new interesting cars being offered (now and in the future), not sure if I want to keep the M240i long term. The EV's have captured my fancy) I'm really up in the air on this as I love everything about the car (except the CEL) and with the miles I put on it I could keep it 10 years and never hit 40K miles.
Appreciate 0