01-15-2019, 09:10 PM   #12
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanator135 View Post
I got the stainless pedals, thru the port. I don't think my back would survive trying to crouch down and drill holes in the pedals

We got the snow in Maryland too. Rear-biased X-drive with the right tires should be a blast!Making me a little nervous about February weather. I survived Pittsburgh winters with my 135 back in the day with just winter tires...made me a believer. I have a backup for bad weather now, and nowhere near as much snow as I had up there now. Will eventually get some nice all-seasons that are rated well, I'm a big believer in the Conti DWS's, I think there's a crazy long thread on that too On my 4th set right now among various cars over the past few years...my problem with pure winter tires is that our borderline weather also results in temperature swings from 40s at night to highs in the 70s at times, which would be unsafe at night for the summer tires, but eat the winter tires' life short in no time...

I think I'm super jealous of the M-school option! Sounds amazing...how much extra, if you don't mind me asking?
I amended my order today to get the s/s pedals at the port too. At the end of the day, I was willing to drop the extra $ for the genuine part and installed before delivery.

I understand what you mean about the tires. There's definitely a trade off between the extra capability of the winters in the bad weather vs. dealing with the shoulder seasons and the unpredictable temps. Where I am, the biggest risk is probably the horrible pot holes which are starting to appear everywhere, so no matter what tire choice I make, they'll be on 17" wheels for the winter.

So the 1 Day M school is a little over $1500. Steep, but they are letting you whip on some pretty expensive machinery. Scheduling is proving to be quite a challenge though. They don't offer very many sessions of that course and I'm having trouble lining up PCD, wife's work schedule, and the M course. I may have to punt on that this time, maybe make a trip down for just that. We have friends and family in Charleston, so a subsequent trip for the M school is always a possibility.
Appreciate 0