03-12-2023, 09:47 AM   #7
jaximointhecut
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by devioushaikuzero View Post
Could you elaborate further on the steps you used to solve the terrible audio quality problem?

I try to connect to the integrated bluetooth, but somehow the andream unit is still the output from the phone. I have a 2013 CIC F30 328i. The audio quality is so, so bad.

I see you mention using an automation script to send certain audio to certain bluetooth connections. Could you elaborate further on that?

You have it connect to integrated bluetooth for audio output and then for carplay/android auto, you have it go through the andream bluetooth?

Any help or clarification is appreciated.
Which part exactly are you stuck on? The concept is that when you download the “shortcuts” app, you create a script that overrides CarPlay’s default audio output. So all you really have to worry about is making sure Bluetooth is connected to the OEM BMW side of audio detection.

Once you connect to CarPlay, the script/setting from the shortcuts app automatically runs so that you visually see CarPlay, but the audio is coming from the OEM BMW Bluetooth connection.
Attached Images