08-14-2017, 08:13 PM   #7
Tpeterson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i MSport/THP/MT/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail Boat View Post
I actually purchased the rear bump stops as well, they are barely shorter... maybe half/quarter inch. My local BMW/DINAN shop has installed these springs on F22's before. Because so many customers were installing them without the shorter bump stops, they did some testing of their own and measured the travel of the strut before and after the spring install (to make sure they weren't doing their customers a disservice). They noted that the difference is negligible, likely do to the stiffened spring rate. The stock bump stops are good enough for the other spring manufacturers after all!

I suppose if one frequently drives their F22 packed to the gills with people or enjoys launching their car off hilly jumps, the bump stops would be a good idea... although if one is frequently slamming the bump stops, a change in driving habits should be the priority.

I installed the fronts because it was easy and didn't feel like dealing with the trunk trim tabs.
Plus if the ride quality isn't satisfactory with old stops,installing the new ones doesn't involve disassembling anything you already installed.
Thanks for the DIY it inspires me to do it myself and save the $900 plus I was quoted to put them on.
Appreciate 0