09-06-2018, 09:32 AM   #747
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburg View Post
For installing the ETON B100 in the HK System, the 'kit' comes with a capacitor to place between the mid range driver and tweeter. Looking at the ETON website, it states that the B100XHP has a frequency of 150Hz. This leaves me with the impression that the B100XHP should go between the line into the door and the main driver, so as to 'filter out' frequencies below 150Hz from the main driver.

Do I have that right? If not - e.g., if it goes between the main driver and tweeter so as to send frequencies only above 150Hz to the tweeter - then is it necessary vs. the capacitor that comes with the kit?
That 'capacitor' is actually a high-pass filter. This is what bandwidth filters do:

- High-pass: allows frequencies above a certain point through
- Low-pass: allows frequencies below a certain point through
- Band-pass: allows frequencies between a low point and a high point through
- Band-stop: rejects frequencies between a low point and a high point

If you have an amp, a DSP, etc. with an adjustable high-pass filter, you do not need to install that 'capacitor'. Simply set that filter to 150 Hz, and it'll do the same thing (and probably better).
Appreciate 0