View Single Post
      09-22-2022, 10:20 AM   #1
J7HOU
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 220D coupe

New member, with an issue

Afternoon folks,

Previously a member on 1 series form where I found a lot of knowledgeable people to assist.

I know this group will be the same.

So I bought a 2016 220D xdrive coupe last September.

It was low mileage and still is with less than 35k on the clock.

So recently I have noticed it developing an issue.

The is is at about 30mph, general about town speeds, the revs sit round about the 1k mark.

Now, generally on slight incline roads, if I dip the throttle a smidge just to feather around 30mph, there is a “splutter”. Kinda like it’s going to cut out hunting for air/fuel or a rough gear change (8 speed auto box)

This issue is quite reproducible with the speed/rev/ road incline/ throttle feathering…not 100% reproducible though.

So, I have tried putting the gear box into manual mode (gear stick pushed to left) and driving using the paddles, 30mph, 1k revs is in 5th gear. So, the issues is still there.

In my mind, this rules out the gearbox as it’s in manual and there is no searching to drop a gear etc.

Have any members had this issues or have knowledge of this issue or suggestions?

I am aware from Google the xdrive system can be twitchier than a teenage boy whilst online in an empty house. I’ve never had xdrive before so any issues are all new to me in that respect.

Other info is the wheels/ tyres… the car came with Michelins cross climates all round at 225/40R18 92Y. All appear to have similar good tread. Tyre pressure all round is 2.2 bar I believe.

Thanks in advance boys and girls and everything in between.
Appreciate 0