View Single Post
      09-20-2022, 01:20 AM   #27
msendit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
What does the shop say about having it ready in time?
They punched through a wall or five and got the car turned around in time. Hard to express how much effort that was and how amazing these guys are -- frame work, both subframes, 2+ suspension corners, engine / trans mounts, oil pan, radiators, driveshaft, among other things I'm probably forgetting. And of course body work, splitter, and other consumables.

The championship race was quite something. I wasn't quite up to the pace all weekend during testing and quali, so when it started to rain on Sunday for the main race, I was getting excited. Conditions kept changing constantly, and we made the wet / dry tire call (dry!) literally in the last possible moment before grid. Track dried out extremely fast and was very grippy even though the race right before was slipping and sliding all over.

Then the race... had lots and lots of carnage. My POV was pretty quiet compared to the front of the pack where different cars were crashing every lap.

Ended up P11 / 25 not because I was particularly fast, but because of attrition / DQs for all the insanity going around.

WolfGTI716.00