View Single Post
      03-29-2022, 01:06 PM   #6
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
My two cents USD is to shut down the FS section completely. There are plenty of other places to sell/trade parts online, and all that FS sections of forums do this day is attract Nigerian scammers who have been booted from Craigslist and puppyfinder.com.

I'm on another (non-BMW) automotive marque forum, and their policy is that new members can't even read the FS forums until they have at least 100 posts, have been a member for at least 90 days, and their participation quality has been reviewed by a site moderator or admin. Hiding the section completely using the first two settings should be enough to discourage the hit-and-run scammers without adding any additional burdens on the volunteer staff of under-appreciated admins and moderators.

Along these same lines, setting a restriction on some of the Universal Forums (OT in particular) will eliminate SEO/spambot posts there, because Google would be blocked from searching those pages and they would be useless for SEO.....