View Single Post
      10-14-2020, 04:57 PM   #14
Jeff Jordan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i Estoril Blue

Hi Tropik Thunder

Tweeters are silk, center channel remains but with a modified acoustic profile for fill.
AMP/DSP unit is an ARC PS8-50 made for Integral Audio. Integral loads a custom DSP map engineered to interface the F22 Head Unit, tailored to cabin acoustics and Integral speaker/crossover components so the amp/DSP/speakers are all plug and play ready for a perfect soundstage install right out of the box.

The ARC PS8-50 is a top shelf component, specs can be found on ARC website:
https://www.arcaudio.com/store?p=183072

ARC PS8-50 CAR.HiFi product review:
https://www.arcaudio.com/sites/defau...S8_50_engl.pdf

Amp/DSP with Integral custom engineering/mapping this alone is about a $2,000 value. Add to that speaker/crossover design and fabrication, the actual cost of the speakers/crossovers/harnesses and acoustics testing and $2600 is a good value.

I am not an expert but have installed a custom stereo in almost every car I've owned since the 1970's and from that experience know how hard it is to get an outstanding soundstage result. The journey in my original post was about how difficult it is to create flawless vehicle sound yourself with sourced individual components that must be perfectly married together.

I came across Integral Audio Back in January of 2013 while waiting for my MINI to be built/delivered and knew the OEM sound system was inadequate so was researching components on the web. The NAM forum spoke so highly of Kevin Bennett, Integral Audio, and the excellent sound from their MINI audio package that I took a look...it was well designed and completely stealth but I thought the Integral Audio soundstage package was way too expensive at $2400. Researching sourcing my own set-up, eventually realized the value of a completely engineered end to end solution right out of the box was worth the price and reluctantly pulled the trigger about a week before the MINI was delivered. The boxes arrived a day before the MINI and I laid out everything. I picked up the car, drove straight home and stayed up till 4 AM doing the install, every piece, part, nut, bolt, tape, wire was included...and the sound was fantastic. It will be 8 years in January, still own the MINI, and STILL love cranking the Integral Audio Soundstage kit. Hands down it is the best mod done to the MINI, have never regretted that purchase, never tired of the sound and couldn’t imagine owning the car without it.

I called the M240i audio a "journey" because each incremental improvement I made over the original HK made the sound better but the joy only lasted until the next flaw was too present to ignore. I had already sunk over $1200 and went for the Integral Audio package because of the MINI experience, knowing first hand the dedication of Integral Audio, especially the president, Kevin Bennet, to provide the BEST engineered system that can be purchased at a reasonable price. The only regret is the Integral F22 package wasn’t available in 2018….

I think it is an excellent value at $2600! Especially the part where you can just enjoy incredible sound!

But to each their own journey and opinion, audio is a personal thing…. I don't really do any social media and joined the board just to share my arrival at audio bliss. The post is just a thank you and pay-back for all the valuable and useful information gained here from others along the way....

Last edited by Jeff Jordan; 10-14-2020 at 11:03 PM..
Appreciate 2
dradernh4413.00
Rollo`124.00