View Single Post
      04-25-2018, 11:36 AM   #83
TajoMan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240 xdrive, X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post
Chicago Region SCCA and Milwaukee Region SCCA has some fast guys, so you might want to check them out. If you like a more relaxed club, Windy City Miata guys are one of the chillest; at least they were when I used to go to their events.

For AX, I keep my tires (not just 71Rs and Rivals, but also the previous "it" tires before that like RS3s, SS ZIIs, etc) around 32-33psi hot (slightly lower in the back to help with corner exits).

The fastest way to get better at AX is not to just attend more AX events, but to attend the test and tune days for those who campaign on a regular basis. Those guys will usually rent out a lot for themselves to set up figure 8s, slaloms, etc so they can fine tune their suspension and dial in their alignment on the spot for that particular surface. You'll get way more runs and get much better advice at these types of "events" as long as you're committed to testing various set ups on your car.
Those guys often comes to CCSCC auto x and they typically wins FTDI.

http://ccsportscarclub.org/

When I had MkV GTI, I had Kumho XS and typically ran 42~43 psi in front if I don't want to wore down to tire name. lol
I understand your point of running mid 30 psi as much as popssible but if tire rolls down below thread block (down to erase tire spec labels lol), I couldn't go any lower.
Again, it's most likely the driver.

Also, I am running 100 % stock and no plan to adjust any setup.
(no camber adjustment in front anyway)
If I am that serous about it, I wouldn't buy M240. I would get Focus st or GTI for GS.

Still, I do enjoy auto x and definitely keep doing it.
Appreciate 0