Thread: Charge Pipes
View Single Post
      11-16-2018, 09:34 PM   #26
XCC Motorsports
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

I installed the Evolution Racewerks charge pipe this past week and have some pointers for anyone that is interested.

Factory Charge Pipe Removal:

Pull the neck of the factory charge pipe from the top and rotate counter-clockwise to get the best angle for the lower portion to slide out freely. It takes some patience, but will eventually come out.

Pro tip: Remove the intake air box and harness cover next to the strut tower to provide better accessibility.

ER Charge Pipe Install:

After several attempts, I found the easiest method was to connect both sections of the piping with the supplied silicone coupler outside of the vehicle. However, I tightened only the upper piping section t-bolt clamp, leaving the lower t-bolt clamp loose. Be sure to push the lower piping section all the way into the silicone coupler until the lower piping section spins freely within the silicone coupler.

Now, insert the entire assembly from the top, rotating the lower piping section until the orientation allows it to slide into the correct position. Connect the throttle body c-clamp to lock the upper piping section. Move under the car now and slide the lower piping section onto the cold side of the intercooler, securing it with the lower c-clamp.

Finally, tighten the lower t-bolt clamp on the silicone coupler. You may need to back-out the lower piping section from the silicone coupler slightly before doing so. This will help ensure a smooth transition from the piping sections and silicone coupler.
Appreciate 0