View Single Post
      07-25-2022, 09:51 PM   #947
ronroberto
Rep
Drives: 17 M240i

First let me say I have significant hearing loss in my left ear, and some days are better/worse than others.

I was comparing it to the setup I have in my f30 328ix (ex-hifi):
Bavsound speakers F/R, center-delete, asd-delete harness, all 4 doors dynamat, same SWS subs and a JL Audio XD600/6v2, never felt the need to tune it, always sounded great to me.
Coming from that the HK in my 240i was a HUGE disappointment, and to think I was excited for it?

Before tune I was using the 'limo' profile. but now with the mic I reset to defaults. Tuning it with the UMM-6 made the biggest difference (besides the amp). Now the bass tightened, hits harder and cleaned up lower. Fixing the delay/timing also made a huge difference, the stage is now in front, before it was behind me.
I'm benchmarking it against my other car, and now they sound similar(good), but now the extra power from the match up 7 to the SWS makes a big difference. Also before the eton's tweeter was weak, like it wasn't aimed correctly compared to the bavsound, but since adjusting the timing the stage is now in front, and the tweeters are delivering vocals at me where before it sounded like they weren't facing me.
Appreciate 0