Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 / 2017 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlp5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8_M235i View Post
The seats and most of the interior is all very self explanatory. The only "trick" to taking out the front seats is to wait to disconnect the battery and plugs until after you have all 4 bolts out. It isn't totally necessary, but it makes it easier because you adjust the seat forward or back to expose the bolt more.

The rear seat bottoms and the rear cards all just need a firm and confident tug. The only thing I haven't taken out is the front cards.

You will also need largeish torx bits. I'm pretty sure the rear seat backs are a 45. The fronts are in the t35-t45 range.
What happens if you had a wobble in your driver's seat, and you read this AFTER your hubby has already taken out the seat, and reinstalled it, and you receive the pesky Restraint System Error . . . Obviously we didn't know about disconnecting the battery. What steps can we take now?

Oh, and we still have the wobble. It was fixed once by the dealership while it was under warranty, but that ran out 6 months ago.
The wobble is just not tightening it down enough. slide it all the way forward and you can tighten the front and all the way back and you can do the front. I would put some locktight on the bolts.
The restraint warning is more complex. depends on what caused it.
If it was from unplugging while still having the battery connected then it is probably the same same simple coding I had Steve steve@codemybimmer do.

You would need a laptop and a cable.